- Founded – March 3, 1939
- Programs Offered – 22
- Enrollment – 164 (Fall 2020)
- Colors – Royal Blue & White
- Mascot – Patriots
ABU Quick Facts
Facts about Arlington Baptist University:
Arlington Baptist University publishes a graduation rate/percent for first time, full time students (six year cohort) who completed their program within 150% of their entering year.
First-time / Full time students beginning: 2013 Cohort
Graduates: 2017 – 2019
|Male - 40%||Caucasian - 60%||Grants - 60%|
|Female - 60%||Hispanic - 20%||Loans - 20%|
|African American - 20%||Neither - 20%|
|American Indian - 0%|
|Unreported - 0%|
Graduate Employment Rates
Six-year rate/percent of graduates’ employment (2014-2020)
(Numbers based on students employed in area related to major or students attending graduate school.)
|Total # of Graduates||Total Employed||% of Employed|
|School of Business||11||9||82%|
|School of Education||50||43||86%|
|School of Ministry||61||24||39%|
Five Year Retention Rate for First Time, Full Time Students
2016- 30% of 2015 FT/FT Students Returned
2017- 42% of 2016 FT/FT Students Returned
2018 – 30% of 2012 FT/FT Students Returned
2019 – 51% of 2013 FT/FT Students Returned
2020- 61% of 2014 FT/FT Students Returned
(FT/FT = first-time, full-time freshmen)
College Effectiveness Highlights:
- Approximately 70% of student body surveyed in Fall 2019, rated the registration process as convenient, simple and effecient.
- Approximately 92% of student body surveyed in Fall 2019, indicated that class scheduling met or exceeded their expectation.
- Approximately 70% of student body surveyed in Fall 2019, indicated that God used ABU to improve their personal walk with Him.
- Approximately 65% of student body surveyed in Fall 2019, rated their overall educational experience at ABU as above average or exceptional.
- 80% of Education Majors who took the state certification exam during the 2012-2013; 2013-2014; 2014-2015 academic years passed.
- Women’s Basketball team – Division II National Champions: 2014-15; 2015-16; 2016-17; 2017-18
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams – 2018 ACCA National Champions
- Women’s Volleyball team – ACCA 2017 National Champions
Survey Results of 2019 Graduates
AT least 80% of the graduates surveyed were satisfied with the quality of instruction and indicate that their program of study has helped them:
- Develop a Christian world view,
- Synthesize academic knowledge and Christian values (all but Business majors),
- Mature spiritually and intellectually,
- Develop their Bible knowledge,
- Be well prepared for a career in their program area (all but Business majors),
- Develop special knowledge in their field,
- Contained a significant component on ethics,
- Committed to the cause of Christ