Arlington Baptist University’s TEA-approved educator preparation program (EPP) is designed to prepare students for classroom teaching and for obtaining state certification and/or further professional development.
A Bachelor of Science degree is offered on campus and online for the eight programs under the auspices of Bible and Education. The eight programs include the following:
- Core Subjects EC-6
- EC-12 Music
- English/Language Arts 4-8
- English/Language Arts 7-12
- History 7-12
- Science 4-8
- Social Studies 4-8
- Social Studies 7-12
The graduate who completes this program will be able to:
- Communicate a biblical worldview as it relates to the field of education.
- Articulate the history of education, its cycles, and the contributions of the church and outstanding Christian and secular leaders in education.
- Design learning experiences and assessments which reflect knowledge of child development and diverse learning needs.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage a typical K-12 classroom.
- Use age-appropriate inquiry-based instructional strategies in degree specific content areas.
- Demonstrate the effective use and integration of technology into lesson plans and teaching opportunities.
- Practice the skills, knowledge, and ethics required for the profession of education.
- Effectively communicate with all educational stakeholders concerning academics, student behavior, and district/campus initiative
- Demonstrate developmental progress in the five basic Student Goals as elaborated in the ABU catalog.