This program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree for students interested in vocations within a cross-cultural setting, whether vocational ministry or business as mission. Students will be equipped to work in cross-cultural settings through studying Bible, culture, and ministry skills.
Students who graduate with an Intercultural Studies degree will be able to:
- Interpret the English Bible using skills that include the examination of the Scriptures in their original languages while employing conservative hermeneutical principles.
- Articulate the principles and practices for accurately and effectively communicating the Scriptural themes in native and cross-cultural situations.
- Develop and implement a ministry strategy that is appropriate for cross-cultural evangelism, church planting, discipleship, and helps ministry.
- Demonstrate effective methods of evangelism in a variety of cultural contexts.
- Describe and biblically evaluate current and historical trends in cross-cultural ministry, including mission theory, financial support structures, and the role of sending churches and agencies.
- Describe and biblically evaluate the tenets of major religions.
- Demonstrate developmental progress in the five basic Student Goals as elaborated in the ABU catalog.
Click Here for Degree Completion Plan