This program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. Students will develop skills necessary to fulfill the functions of a pastor.
The graduate who completes this program will:
- Have the skills necessary for sound exegesis and interpretation of the English Bible. These skills will include use of tools of the original languages.
- Demonstrate an ability to preach and teach the Bible, theology, and the principles of Christian living.
- Understand the nature, history, and strategic importance of the local church in evangelism and missionary activity, particularly of the Baptists.
- Know how to organize, build and administer a local church, overseeing its ministries, worship, and ordinances.
- Understand methods of counseling and ministering to the congregation.
- Demonstrate ethical convictions and high standards of conduct.
- Appreciate the ministry of the pastor as a high calling of God.