This program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. Students will develop skills necessary to fulfill the functions of a pastor.
The graduate who completes this program will be able to:
- Interpret the English Bible using skills that include the examination of the Scriptures in their original languages while employing conservative hermeneutical principles.
- Explain the nature, history, and strategic importance of the local church in evangelism and missionary activity as viewed from the Baptist perspective.
- Effectively communicate Scriptural and theological truth through expository, topical and narrative preaching.
- Demonstrate effective methods of evangelism in a variety of cultural contexts as influenced by worldviews.
- Conduct critical analysis of a local church context for the purpose of designing effective ministry strategies.
- Critically assess one’s own leadership style for the purpose of designing effective strategies for improving one’s own leadership; and
- Demonstrate developmental progress in the five basic Student Goals as elaborated in the ABU catalog.