The following information applies to all students interested in a degree in music.
Each student must pass an entrance audition before initial enrollment in the program. The student must select and perform from memory two selections of music of contrasting style.
PROFICIENCY PLACEMENT EXAMS
Students must successfully complete proficiency exams administered by the department. Students having deficiencies will be required to do remedial work. Credit is not awarded for these proficiency exams. Students may be exempt from certain requirements upon successful completion of the exams.
The graduate who completes this program will:
- Articulate a well-defined philosophy of music based on Biblical principles.
- Articulate the Biblical mandate for music in a local church worship and ministry.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to supervise the musical program and worship service of a local church – including minimal competency in at least two areas of applied music useful for church ministries.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge in the multiple mediums available for worship and the expression of Christian faith.
- Exhibit the ability to develop a well-rounded music and/or worship training program in a local church.
- Communicate Biblical knowledge necessary to provide additional service to the church in its various ministries.
Click Here for Degree Completion Plan