Students can expect to receive the following while attending ABU:
- A basic understanding of biblical facts and principles
- An ability to inductively and methodically study Scripture
- An understanding of the culture(s) in which the scriptures were written and the importance of context to proper understanding
- An overt understanding of the Christian world view and how it differs from other world views
- The ability to relate biblical principles to life situations
- Developing habits of personal and corporate worship.
- Exploring and developing areas of giftedness through Spiritual Formation.
- Learning the importance and power of personal and corporate prayer.
- Applying biblical principles to real life problems.
- Examining historical and current methods of evangelism
- Understanding the power of a personal testimony
- Learning Scriptures that will help articulate the Christian faith
- Communicating the Christian message in word and deed.
- Acquiring basic knowledge in a broad base of subjects
- Allowing for in-depth study in areas of special interest or giftedness
- Establishing patterns of clear and logical thought that recognize the effect of unexamined presuppositions
- Learning to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas
- Developing methods of study and research that lead to life-long learning
- Learning to recognize and apply one’s unique academic, social, and spiritual gifts
- Gaining an understanding and appreciation of the differences of others
- Learning to lovingly and effectively communicate with those of differing world views
- Recognizing the importance of self-discipline and service
- Applying the knowledge gained to life ministry through targeted internships